The Technical Consultant will provide in-depth technical support and should take the lead on problem-solving and troubleshooting efforts for both internal and external clients in an efficient and professional manner. The Technical Consultant will assist in troubleshooting any product issues or installations.
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting:
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and support for all technical support requests.
- Assess and prioritize resolution of open issues; confer and escalate any issues that require the assistance of the Vice President.
- Monitor, document, and manage the resolution process in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with clients during the resolution of their issue.
- Assist with development and maintenance of the knowledge base used for problem resolution.
- Assist Business Consultant with advanced scripting of databases during implementation.
- Assist Implementation and Support groups with custom mapping, as needed.
- Install and configure customized connector to completion. Document all changes to installed database.
- Work with customers to install product updates in a timely manner.
- Provide operations training to the customer as necessary.
- Training and Mentoring:
- Assist in the training and mentoring of the Technical Support Specialist.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Knowledge - Required
- Ability to read and write VB Script
- Microsoft Server/PC knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Novell, Terminal, and Citrix systems
- Experience with software issues
Skills - Required
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize workloads to effectively and efficiently meet deadlines
- Able to communicate in a professional manner
- Able to mentor junior employees
- Able to translate complex technical terminology and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
Education and Experience - Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience
This description identifies the key responsibilities, skills, and knowledge required for the position. This job description does not encompass all specific job-related tasks and duties and that may be required. Employees are required to follow all job-related instructions and perform all job-related tasks assigned to them by management.