The Mid-Level Software Engineer will primarily write, maintain and troubleshoot code for a suite of applications ranging in production age of 1 to 10 years. The Mid-Level Software Engineer will secondarily build setup packages, assist the Senior Software Engineer throughout the full software development lifecycle, and assist internal groups with development related tasks.
- Write, Maintain and Troubleshoot Code and Software: 50%
- Design and maintain code in C#, VB.Net, VB6, and TSQL
- Test and troubleshoot code and software
- Build Setup Packages: 25%
- Other Tasks: 25%
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- This position does not have any direct reports or supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge – Required
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
- Proficient in programming languages: C#, VB.Net, VB6, and TSQL
- Proficient with debugging tools and Microsoft software suites
- Software test procedures and strategies
Knowledge – Preferred
- Proficient with development tools and reverse engineering specifications
- Proficient in relational database structure and design
- Proficient in both Windows and Web based development principles and design
Skills – Required
- Ability to troubleshoot software issues
- Able to patiently and effectively mentor and advise fellow employees
- Able to translate and explain complex software architecture and workflow processes to internal and external contacts with no programming experience
- Able to effectively and efficiently meet deadlines
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Education and Experience – Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 4+ years of previous programming experience
This description identifies the key responsibilities, skills, and knowledge required for the position. This job description does not encompass all specific job-related tasks and duties and that may be required. Employees are required to follow all job-related instructions and perform all job-related tasks assigned to them by management.
Contact Rachel Flint, Director of Human Resources if you are interested in this position.